Category Archives: Community

‘Kill the Boer’ taunt in Howick

Durban – The controversial Dubul’ iBhunu (Shoot the Boer) song reared its ugly head during an emotionally charged public meeting debating the merger of the financially crippled Mpofana (Mooi River) and uMngeni (Howick and Hilton) municipalities.

An uMngeni resident makes clear her objection to the incorporation of wards from Mpofana into the uMngeni Municipality. Picture: Gcina Ndwalane

An uMngeni resident makes clear her objection to the incorporation of wards from Mpofana into the uMngeni Municipality. Picture: Gcina Ndwalane

They march to unite our Nation

Mr Duncan Nyawo and his three companions started their journey to the Union Buildings to raise awareness of the killings of white farmers and police officers yesterday. They have already reached Belfast.

Freedom Day 27 APRIL 2015, To Celebrate or Not, a Clever Black!

By: Jabulani Zwane

Pastor Jabulani Zwane

Pastor Jabulani Zwane

The anniversary of our freedom in South Africa is a bitter sweet moment for me. When I look around the country at all the incredible things that have happened since 1994, I almost feel hypocritical and conflicted at the uneasy feelings I have about current events in South Africa. Even though I am not old enough to remember life before 1994, I do know the stark difference between my childhood and that of my children.

Critical after being shot in the stomach – Nimrod Park resident

WHAT was meant to be a quiet family dinner turned into a nightmare which left a Nimrod Park man in a critical condition on Monday night.

Crime_2_0

Braam Koch (59) was airlifted to Milpark Hospital after being shot in the stomach during an apparent botched hijacking.

Suspected robber killed by mob

KwaZulu-Natal – A man was beaten to death by community members after he was accused of house breaking in KwaMashu, KwaZulu-Natal police said.

Crime_2_0

Bonga Warren Simelane, 22, was attacked in C section, Amazimtoti Road on Monday.

First time mom’s near-death after birth

When a 30-year-old Mthatha woman went to hospital to give birth, she had no idea that in the next few days she would have a near-death experience and a hysterectomy.

Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital in Mthatha

Nelson Mandela Academic Hospital in Mthatha

Tabisa Ndongeni, 30, had her womb removed at the weekend after her bladder was allegedly earlier stitched to her intestines and womb during a Caesarean-section.

‘South Africans a lazy bunch’ – Obed Bapela

Kimberley – The Deputy Minister of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs (Cogta), Obed Bapela, has slammed South Africans for being a “lazy nation” that was too dependent on handouts.

Deputy Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Obed Bapela.

Deputy Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Obed Bapela.

Bapela said this during a visit to traditional leaders and Khoisan representatives in the city.

Entitlement and the Zulu King

IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi in his speech defending the Zulu King spent a fair amount of it castigating South Africans for having a culture of entitlement.

IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi, King Goodwill Zwelithini and President Jacob Zuma.  Image by: Thulani Mbele / Sowetan

IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi, King Goodwill Zwelithini and President Jacob Zuma.
Image by: Thulani Mbele / Sowetan

THE 3 CAPABLE MEN WHO COULD MANAGE ESKOM

Siphiwo Ntshuntshe

A few weeks friends of mine from Durban convinced me to join them for drinks in Kloof, and what became a nice evening was interrupted by Eskom’s load shedding. Of course, by that time we had already had enough liquor in our systems to carry on with the aid of candle lights – such is the life in Cape Town. The mega utility’s management and sole shareholder representative, the South African government, are the ones to blame for the failures that peaked in 2008, and again in 2014 through to this year.

I AM NIGERIAN AND I AM NOT A CRIMINAL!

I have come to realise over my ten years of stay in South Africa that many South Africans really do not know much about Nigerians, any more than they know the rest of Africa.

nigeria-foreign-policy-1584